Friday 30 May 2014

What is Strength?

So what is strength? No, I'm not talking about the kind of strength where we go and see how many kilos we can lift or how hard and fast we can hit a ball. I'm talking about inner strength. Strength of the heart, strength of the mind.

So what is it? It astounds me how many people I know when they are feeling down say things like: "I'm so weak," and "I feel so helpless," or "I wish I was stronger. If I was stronger I could handle this better." It astounds me because I feel as if no one is ever told how strong they really are.

Strength is a very vast thing. And depending on perspective it can be a very tricky thing. People think you need to be strong and never let your pain show. Others feel that if you are able to put your vulnerabilities out there you're stronger than those who make walls of steel around their hearts. But I want to shed that comparison and put a new perspective out there for people to think about, and I hope it helps everyone who is feeling weak and down or out of bounds realize just exactly how strong they are.

Strength is thinking about that easy way out - but not taking it. Strength is every day living, handling the stresses of every day life as it continuous on. Strength is taking the pain of being walked on and handling it, then moving on and having the courage to trust again eventually. Strength is taking care of your loved ones, whether it be poor health or they just simply rely on you - providing that security and care for them is absolute strength. Strength is doing what you feel needs to be done - making hard decisions and executing them even if you are afraid of the outcome, even if things are not certain. Strength is moving forward - no matter how hard it is to keep going. Strength is facing your fears - even in the smallest of ways. Strength is determination and resolution.

Strength is living. Everyday it takes strength to continue with our lives. We all have stories. We all have problems. And every single one of us is strong for getting up and getting on with our lives despite our problems.

So even if you feel down trodden and helpless. Keep moving forward. You've been strong enough to do it all this time. You're strong enough to keep on going.

No comments:

Post a Comment